Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Can someone tell me step by step how this equation works?

http://www.purplemath.com/modules/xyplan鈥?/a>





I can sorta get it by just looking at it. Yet, it is still confusing to me and I would like to know the steps please. Thanks.Can someone tell me step by step how this equation works?
ok so you start with your original equation





then you use the exponents making one side 100 and the other side y^2+2y+37 (cuz when you square a square root it is equivalent to what is inside the square root)





then you subtract 100 from each side





then you factor the trinomial (yayz)





if you dont know or remember how to factor a trinomial go here --%26gt; http://www.algebrahelp.com/worksheets/vi鈥?/a>





hope that helps





~PazCan someone tell me step by step how this equation works?
They squared both sides to get rid of the square root, then made it equal to zero so it could be factored. The final step would be to make each factor = 0 and solve, as in


x + 9 = 0


x = -9
the link doesn't show an equation

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
viruses