Thursday, June 24, 2010

How can I find out where this man works?

A man hit my vehicle and left the scene three years ago. My friend got his license plate and I took him to court for damages done to my vehicle. He never showed up to court so I automatically won my case. He owes me $1600.00 PLUS interest by the DAY....how can I collect this money from him? I had him fill out paperwork but he lied and said he was unemployed and had no bank account. I have his social security number...does anyone know how to find out where he works so I can garnish his wages??How can I find out where this man works?
Contact the court where the judgement was assessed and see what the judge is able/willing to do to help you collect his debt.How can I find out where this man works?
First question; can you garnish his wages for a civil judgement? Not in most states.





Check with the credit bureau; as you are now a creditor, they may be willing to run a report; employment will be on there.





Otherwise, might consider hiring a debit collection agency to find him.
chances are also that the ssn you have is fake....just sayin....
get a lawyer. he will also have to pay those fees when you take him back to court.
Private detective agency ?
In most states you cannot garnish wages for debts or settlements, but with a social security number you can probably find him through one of the people search places on the web. For a fee, usuually of $50 or less.





Advice: Chances are he has no money and if you have recovered, I would let it go. Not that he did right bewcause he did not, but your chances of getting any money from him over the long haul are slim.





Good luck, whatever you decide.
Seems like a long way to go for $1,600. One should be careful when pursuing these types of actions. You may get more trouble than you bargained for.
I'd say your best bet is to hire a Private Investigator if you want to find out info on this person. But even if found the courts won't do much for you unfortunately. Civil cases really don't bring the court any money so they view it like it's not their problem to resolve, they view their role as moderator. Hiring a collection agency is an option but for $1600 they may take up to 60% so that should be your last option. On the other hand right now you got nothing, so getting 7 or 8 hundred now is better than never getting anything. Good Luck.





My opinion, I'd find him then give his current vehicle proper treatment. Karma's a B.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
viruses