Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My car doors freeze shut way too often, not my locks, but my doors. I try to pry it loose but this never works?

I have to go into the house, get hot water and pour it over the top part of the door. How do I keep my doors from freezing shut?My car doors freeze shut way too often, not my locks, but my doors. I try to pry it loose but this never works?
wipe the door seals down with silicone spray, youll never have stuck doors again !


works for me everytimeMy car doors freeze shut way too often, not my locks, but my doors. I try to pry it loose but this never works?
Yup - get them as dry as possible and wipe down the rubber gaskets AND the area of the car that they touch with a drying silicone product. Silicone lubricant spray is the best. WD40 works, but doesn't dry and will collect dust or get on your clothes if you rub up against it.
Replace the seals on your doors, don't pour water on them to melt it (the remaining water will freeze again), and if nothing else works, perhaps build a carport or cover your car.
use wd40 or armorall protectant on all the seals where they contact the body. make sure all the water you used to thaw them is gone too.
spray wd-40 on the rubber. also i heard pam cooking spray works pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
viruses