Thursday, June 24, 2010

How many times do u need to have a membrane sweep before it works. Getting one this Friday.?

Okay, a membrane sweep is usually done only once because it gets things moving. It is not d%26amp;c because I'm pretty sure you want your baby. It's not breaking your bag of water because then that would mean you're already in labor. They reach inside of you and try to get the membranes (stuff holding your cervix closed basically) loose so it starts your baby dropping and contractions started. Was just on the phone with my cousin constantly about this in June. Her doctor's so much touched her up there with all 5 kids when they were ready to come and she went into labor and one was a month early.





It doesn't mean it can happen, I had been asking for my friend who was over due and looking for any kind of help and it didn't work for her. That was just a one time thing though because for some reason the doc couldn't get the membranes to do anything.How many times do u need to have a membrane sweep before it works. Getting one this Friday.?
I had one done with my second child, and one is all I needed. I went in for a check-up the next day and I was in labor. I wasn't even aware i was contracting but obviously I was bc I was admitted..LOL. And once your membranes are stripped, there is nothing else to go in and ';sweep'; a second or so on time. Its like getting your bag or water broke, there is only one bag to break. Good luck. Hope your sweep works to get you into labor. How many times do u need to have a membrane sweep before it works. Getting one this Friday.?
do you mean a D%26amp;C?





And how is it suppose to work? On what is it working?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
viruses