Friday, December 11, 2009

So given the way our current justice system works is this a good time to deal drugs?

I think of drugs as genocide, so I would never really deal. But say I wanted to start selling drugs. If I was caught would they just let me go? Is that why so many people deal these days?So given the way our current justice system works is this a good time to deal drugs?
No, this is not how it is. The problem of our justice system is quite the opposite. The majority of today's prison population consists of the offenders who have been convicted of drug charges. If only about 20 years ago, if you go to a maximum security prison, you will mostly see murderers or robbers there. Today, however, most people there are drug dealers and drug users. For the drug users, I believe is where the system fails: they need to be treated, not sent into a maximum security prison.So given the way our current justice system works is this a good time to deal drugs?
Apparently so, in my area crack, cocaine and heroin are big and you hardly ever hear about anyone getting busted. It's really pathetic.
Not in Texas, not even for a little pot. They'll fry you. I'm scared to even go there.
not in the US, they merely crowd you into two or three people into what used to be a one person cell.





I
Only if you are very wealthy.
Not in Georgia it's not a good idea. In the area I work in there are special judges that hear only drug cases and they throw the book at you if you are convicted. Drugs, selling and the use of them, are a major, major problem all across the US. Most of the thefts that occur are because of drugs. The users have to have their fix and when they run out of money to buy the drugs, they start stealing from their family first. When the family runs out of items to steal they turn to friends and strangers. Many people deal these days because many people use these days. Most drug dealers I come across don't use drugs, they only deal. They know if they get hooked then they won't be able to keep selling because they would use all their inventory up themselves.
Hey this guy I know got caught selling drugs. So they let him go so he could sell and then rat on the people he sold to. Then he went crazy and murdered his wife and thier children. Dont you just love this country.





Though I read also someone went to jail for 30 years for dealing herion (oh but you get probation for molesting your own daughter.) I think our Judicial system is ANYTHING but justice.
Which justice system? Which country? You have to clarify your question.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
viruses