Saturday, December 5, 2009

Where do I buy a cable to watch dvds or videos from my computer to the t.v. Does anyone know if this works w

with netflix instant viewing feature. I want to watch videos onlone from my computer to the Television.





Thanks K.Where do I buy a cable to watch dvds or videos from my computer to the t.v. Does anyone know if this works w
GREAT QUESTION!





Thank you for being interested in doing this. The more people decide to do this, the sooner we'll all have a chance to download movies, even in HD, and forget about discs, and particularly disc ';format wars'; forever.





SO, first thing you need to do is determine whether your computer has a DVI output. Most fairly recent laptops do. Apple's MacMini does, too. If it does, you can run a DVI to HDMI cable from your laptop directly to your TV.





If your computer only has S-video or maybe just the yellow coded composite video jack, that will also work. Run the respective cable from there to your TV and you should be good to go!





Note: if you are planning to watch HD downloads, only the DVI output will carry this signal.





The only other way to do this is if your TV has a VGA (15-pin, usually blue-plastic-coded) connector on the back. This is basically an output for an externa computer monitor. The problem with using this as your video output, is that your video card onboard your laptop might not sync up properly with the TV. It CAN be done, but its a little trickier.





Good luck and let me know how it goes!Where do I buy a cable to watch dvds or videos from my computer to the t.v. Does anyone know if this works w
If you run cables from your computer to the tv and have the tv on the right input, it should produce your picture and sound on the tv from the computer.
I just had to stop by and say that Rod P. hit the nail on the head here. It is exactly what I would suggest too. Great job Rod P.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
viruses